TERE: Sprint & Downwind Race
TERE: Sprint & Downwind Race SUP fin (Weed Proof)
Span (Vertical length): 23 cm
Box length (Horizontal): 19 cm
Box type: US Box & US Surf Box ==> Click HERE for more info
(Please contact us if you are unsure about the fitting for your board)
Area: 250 cm2
The TERE race is a high performance Downwind and Sprint SUP race fin. Most brand use windsurf knowledge for their SUP fins. MAKANI chose to start develop specially for the SUP starting to re-calculate speed, performance foil on the fin. This is what it gave us!
With his ultra thin foil with his special more straight angle outline, gives you more control in big but also smaller choppy waves. Made to control your ride and glide no matter the wave is pushing you. The TERE available in carbon or carbon/honeycomb to make the fin light weight and more stiff. Giving you more control and balance every time you're out on the water. The TERE with a 45 degree angle gives you the best angle into the wave to control you ride and glide. With the smaller blade it’s easy to make buoy turns, and this fin will suit every downwind racer as well.
- Extreme thin foil (maximum speed an minimum of drag)
- Optimal control in high and low speed
- Perfect to follow runners in a short distance dense race
- Optimal for downwind on high and low wave (swell) conditions
- Less drag surface for excellent sprint capability
- Carbon and Carbon/Honeycomb structure (light weight fin)
- 45 degree leading edge rake angle (from vertical) gives weed no change
Louis (designer): "The TERE has been designed with less surface and a specific 2D profile to let the SUP rider perform in its downwind run. This fin is also excellent in a dense race when you want to stay in the draft (Slipstream) of the rider in front of you. To complete its versatile aspect, use it for a sprint with less drag as possible under your board."